The information sheets on this website are for guidance only. You should check information relevant to your own circumstances.
- A Brief Guide to Direct Payments
- Who Can Get Direct Payments?
- Confused About Direct Payments?
- Who can be employed using Direct Payments?
Preparing for Direct Payments
- Process of Direct Payments
- Preparing for an Assessment
- Independent Living Fund
- Direct Payments Hourly Rates
- Recruitment Checklist
- Finding Staff
- Job Advertisement
- Job Description
- Person Specification
- What Should Be Included in the Application Form
- Sample Application Form
- Covering Letter to Applicant
- Taking up References
- What is a Written Statement of Main Terms and Conditions of Employment ?
- Specimen Written Statement – Version 1
- Specimen Written Statement – Version 2
- Guidance Notes/Checklist for T&C
- Changes to the Contract/Written Statement
- PA Pool
Being a Good Employer
- Employers' Responsibilities
- Paying Personal Assistants
- Tax and National Insurance Deductions
- Statutory Sick and Maternity Pay
- Disciplinary, Dismissal and Grievance Procedures
- Employing Self-Employed PAs
- Employing Overseas Workers
- Keeping Records
- Health and Safety
Personalisation, Self-Directed Support and Personal Budgets